Archive for the ‘Weddings’ Category
June 9th, 2014 Filed under Weddings Comments Off on Celebrate ALL Love! Discounts on Wedding Rentals in Pure Space
Having a wedding reception at Pure Space can now be described as not only a walk in the park, but a walk from the park. The Fields Park was recently opened a stone’s throw away from the urban-chic venue, Pure Space, on SW Overton. A modern design on 3.2 acres in The Pearl District, The Fields may be an optimal site for couples looking for an outside ceremony, and an indoor reception without having to budget for two different venues, and while helping guests avoid the hassle of traveling to and finding a second venue, but also parking at a new destination downtown.Parking in the area surrounding Pure Space and The Fields is exceptional—with 600 available spaces, close proximity to the Portland street car line, and more. Guests will easily find a space to attend the ceremony at The Fields, then make the two minute 49 second walk down to Pure Space to celebrate the nuptials!
- Benefits of a Park Wedding at The Fields and an Amenity Ridden Reception at Pure Space:
- Best of Both Worlds: Many couples disagree on an indoor/outdoor wedding, and marriage is all about compromise! Hosting the ceremony at The Fields and the reception at Pure Space lets you and your guests enjoy both environments, without making a cumbersome pilgrimage and having an “R” rated conversation with a smartphone GPS trying to locate the second venue.
- Impressively Inexpensive- The City of Portland reserves a one acre plot for 160 dollars, plus an 80 dollar application fee. A ceremony venue for 240 dollars? No, this is not a joke, nor is it the best part. The City allows only one wedding per park, per day. This means you have the entire day to set-up and take down ceremony décor at your leisure. The reserved one acre space allows for 100 guests. Electricity and amplified sound is also possible, see the City website for full details. The savings on the ceremony venue allows you to focus your budget on rentals and Pure Space—the reception venue.
- Completely Customizable- The Fields Park, unlike many city parks, is surrounded by buildings and landscape that is neutral in color. It is often recommended that outdoor weddings strive to match shades of nearby construction and vegetation—incorporating the colors in flower arrangements, décor, and seat covers. With the modern design and neutrality of The Fields however, any hue will do! The same sentiments are true for a reception at Pure Space. The space has a reputation for being impeccably versatile and customizable.
- Dog Friendly- So many couples would like to include their canines in the ceremony, though not all venues are fido friendly. Hosting a ceremony in a park, like The Fields, is a wonderful option that easily accommodates dogs. In fact, according to an article by The Oregonian, The Fields is the first of the City’s 33 off-leash dog parks built specifically with an area for dogs in mind.
Our words of wisdom for brides: “Have a clear understanding of your budget, including breakdowns on what is important to you, what you could forgo, and what is in the gray area.”
Thanks to all who supported us this year!
This teal, blue and pink wedding reception, held at Pure Space, used the peacock feather as its main inspiration. Coordinated by Bridal Bliss, the wedding is currently featured on StyleMePretty.com.
From the bride…
“I wanted an urban, modern reception where the look and feel was sleek and sophisticated. The venue we chose was Pure Space on the north end of the Pearl district, a very chic part of town. I picked eggplant and burgundy with pops of teal, and we used the peacock feather as a source of our inspiration throughout the day.”
Planning a wedding? Check out KOIN 6’s recent “Weddings Portland Style” feature shot onsite at Pure Space. The episode features “Fresh, Local & Sustainable” wedding tips, from planning, to catering, to décor. Hear from recent Pure Space bride Mandi Downs and WCEP event planner Becki Duckworth, as they discuss the endless opportunities for Pure Space weddings.
Produced by HybridMoon Video Productions | Presented by KOIN Local 6